We went to meet the universe of Camille, the creator of Call me spring. For just over a year, in her little shop, Camille has been offering cushions, pouches, eiderdowns ... And lots of pretty things she sews herself - after having carefully chosen fabrics that are always more beautiful than each other - in his small Lyon workshop. Today, Camille takes the time to teach us how to make a fabric basket. duration : about 1 hour Cost : around € 5 (not including the sewing machine)
EquipmentYou will need: - a sewing machine - One meter - Pins - A needle and thread - Scissors - A nice fabric - A lining
Steps1. Cut your fabric. you will need two rectangles of 51 cm x 28 cm, one cut from your pretty fabric, the other from your lining fabric. 2. Fold your two rectangles, pin the sides.
3. We pass to the sewing machine: sew straight on 2 sides on 3 of your outer fabric. Repeat with your lining. Leave the opening well.
4. For the bottom of your basket, align the two points following the seam.
5. Measure 4.5 cm from the tip and then draw a pencil line on the paper.
6. Sew along the line in straight stitch, cut the tip.
7. Repeat the operation on the second side then on the second part of your work, respecting the 4.5 cm. 8. Turn the lining over to place it right side up. Thread the basket lining into the outer fabric. Your fabric should be right sides together. Pin the two fabrics together, making sure to position the seams one on top of the other.
9. Sew the edges leaving a 10cm hole.
10. Turn the item over, sew the hole at the invisible point with a needle and thread. Iron.
FinallyHere you are with a pretty fabric basket to store all your small things on your desk, in your workshop area, in your bathroom ... You can even use this basket as a pot holder.
Thanks to Camille from Call me spring for her creation! You can find it on his shop: www.callmespring.fr Did you like this tutorial? Send us photos of your pretty baskets on our Facebook page, and find other ideas on our Pinterest!